Health and Happiness Summit: Tips from Lisa Oz and The Sleep Doctor
When Jess asked me to attend the Health and Happiness Summit in her place last weekend, I was overjoyed. Few things make me happier than talking about health and I know from years of my own experience that true health depends on happiness. Plus, it was a chance to get up close and personal with famed health guru Dr. Oz. What could be better than that?
The Summit had an impressive lineup of speakers who shared their most important tips for living a life of true health and happiness. Here are some of the takeaways I found most inspiring:
Lisa Oz, wife of Dr. Oz and relationship and well-being expert, shared her 3 keys for health and happiness:
1. Awareness: Be aware of your choices and their impact on you personally. For example, understanding how certain foods affect how you feel.
2. Action: Knowledge is useless unless you act on it. How can you turn your knowledge into action? First, acknowledge where you are. Next, understand your limiting beliefs. Finally, take small steps toward your larger goal.
3. Purpose: Know the reason why you’re doing it. Without a clear purpose, you’ll struggle to reach your goals.
Sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus spoke about how to sleep your way to health and happiness in five simple steps:
1. Select 1 bed time and stick to it
2. Stop caffeine by 2 p.m.
3. Limit alcohol three hours before bed
4. Limit exercise four hours before bed
5. Get 15 minutes of sunlight everyday
Check back later this week for more tips from the Health and Happiness Summit.
Photo credits: USANA