Health and Happiness Summit: Flourishing in the Female Body
Last month, Marissa Vicario attended the Health and Happiness Summit with Dr. Oz. The original idea behind her going was to recap everything here with one post. That changed as soon as we realized how much valuable information each speaker shared. Over the course of a few posts, Marissa will be sharing with us what each of the expert panelists had to share.
Today’s tips come from Dr. Christiane Northrup.
“World-renowned author and speaker Christiane Northrup, MD, has been on the cutting edge of holistic approaches to wellness since the beginning of her incredible career. After more than 25 years as a practicing physician in obstetrics and gynecology, she has become a visionary pioneer and the world’s leading authority in the field of women’s health and wellness. Dr. Northrup is the author of two New York Times best-selling books: Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom and The Wisdom of Menopause.” ~ via Health and Happiness Summit website
The Summit had an impressive lineup of speakers who shared their most important tips for living a life of true health and happiness.
Women’s health expert Dr. Christiane Northrup shared her rules for flourishing in the female body.
- Own your power to be healthy. Health begins with your thoughts, which become your beliefs and then your biology.
- Trust the gut in your brain and always get a second opinion
- Community = immunity so tap the power of community and have it behind you in whatever you do
- Partner with your body and your women’s wisdom. Recognize the privilege of being a woman instead of seeing the body as a fundamental problem
- Embrace the power of your heart as the master endocrine gland that regulates hormones
She ended with this daily prayer: “Oh, God, help me to believe the truth about myself no matter how beautiful it is.”
Thank you, Marissa for sharing these valuable tips from Dr. Northrup!
Photo credit: USANA