Every year when the weather changes I swear I’m going to remember what I prefer to wear during my runs for specific temperatures. Every year, I never record it and I forget what outfit works best for me for various weather conditions.
Since it can be difficult to figure out what to wear for outdoor running some days based on the weather, I thought I’d document it on the blog and share it with all of you as a resource for us.
Today, it was 53 degrees and sunny when I went out for a short run. I wore the above outfit, except I choose crops instead of shorts. Next time I face the same conditions I’ll wear shorts.
A few things of note when deciding what to wear for your run in similar conditions:
- Note the amount of sun in the sky. I’ll try to note the weather conditions as best as possible.
- I tend to run a little colder than the average New Yorker. However, since I’ve been running outdoors through the past few winters the way I dress for cool weather has changed also.
- If you tend to run warm, change one thing about the outfit I post. For example, wear a short sleeve shirt instead of a long sleeve shirt.
- If you tend to run really cold start with the outfit I’m wearing and add something. For example, wear crop pants instead of shorts.
- Remember when you start your run you should be a little cold.
Pictured above: Adizero sneakers by Adidas (gifted), New Balance 4″ 2-in-1 short (gifted), Features Elite Ultra Light Low Cut sock, Nike Soft 1/2 zip long sleeve top, Garmin 405, Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer.
Disclaimer: While I realize I used Polyvore for this post this is NOT in any form or fashion an attempt at a fashion post. It is just my way of trying to help us all out when deciding what to wear for various different weather conditions.